Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Visions, Revisions & Curious George

Lest any of you Wordians fear I'm writing out of turn, Kent said I may post between Tuesday and Thursday when it's not my week. And I think those rights extend to other members as well...

Two items of note in our continued consideration of faith and writing:

Anna Blanch, a doctoral candidate at St. Andrews, informs us that Corpus Christi College at Oxford is hosting Visions and Revisions: Putting God in Literature, a conference on how the divine is represented by writers. Sounds interesting. Oxford, anyone? If you have a paper to propose, you'll have to hurry. The conference isn't until November 6th, but the deadline is May 31.

An article in First Things explores the role of art in desperate times through the lives of the creators of your favorite childhood books: Curious George! Did you know George escaped the Nazi regime? I didn't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment