Thursday, January 14, 2010

Appendix B: Resolutions & Reviews

Well I was on deadline for a book review to a religious magazine tonight, so I will post more later. The book was Oprah's latest pick, Say You're One of Them by Nigerian Jesuit Uwem Akpan. He does a good job incorporating faith, belief, and reality in 4 of the 5 stories. It's worth a read.

He's got a new short story called "Baptizing the Gun" in the January 4 issue of the New Yorker. It is the latest example of a secular publication publishing a religious-based story. (There's evidence everywhere of this.)

Finally, getting that review in (I can't say where until it is published) was one of my writing goals for 2010. I'm gonna have to scrounge up at least 2 more reviews/articles in 2010 before I fill that part of the 2010 checklist. (On the other hand, I've got a Dec 2009 article in Missouri Life, with the related web feature here. But that doesn't count toward my goals.)

How are you doing on your 2010 writing goals?

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing how Apostolic writers and Christian writers in general are crossing over into the secular market. Could it be that Christ wants some Paper Preachers to take the gospel to the world as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Paper Preachers" - I love it!

    ReplyDelete