Monday, September 5, 2011

Pleasant Surprise: Writing Convention Appears

So if you really love writing and reading, you need to tap into writing conferences/conventions to learn more about the writing process (and your genre), publishing realities, and maybe even meet some giants in the industry. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that BoucherCon is in St. Louis this month. The Mystery/Thriller con rotates host cities and now it’s at my doorstep.

You might find yourself equally fortunate, by Googling your genre of writing or “writing conventions” and getting on some e-newsletter lists!

Happy writing!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip. I hadn't considered that as a resource. I'm sure Eau Claire wouldn't have any, but I'm guessing Minneapolis has more than their share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet Minneapolis has loads of conferences, especially since "The Loft" has been there for 20+ years!

    ReplyDelete